Bronx NY Part Time & Full-Time Child Care
Tender Years Childcare is a children's daycare providing after school programs and childcare for infants through Pre-K! Call 718-358-5799.
Tender Years Childcare Inc. is a family-owned and operated day care center in Bronx, NY since 1996 dedicated to providing a nurturing, safe and clean environment for infants up to pre-kindergarteners. As a Christian-based childcare, we encourage enhancing each child's independence, confidence, communication and decision-making skills with fun and creative activities. Our City and State certified teachers strive to provide a high standard educational curriculum for each child, specializing in computer workstation tutorials. We are CPR and First Aid Certified. Whether you are interested in full-time or after school childcare service, call 718-358-5799 to learn more!
- Communication and Language Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Skills
- Cognitive Development
- Math and Science Skills Development
- Character Education
- Daily Activities
- Provide Childcare from Infants - Pre-K’s
- Phonics Software tutorials
- Full Version Creative Curriculum
- City and State Certify Teachers
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Creative Curriculum
- Approved Background Clearance
- Potty Training
- Nutritious Cooked Meals Are Provided Daily
- Family Owned/Operated since 1996
- Full/Part Time, Before and After School Available
- Professional, Courteous Bi-Lingual Teachers
- State of the Art Entry and Recording System
- Outdoor Shaded Play Area
- Open all year round, including Summer Program
- We accept ACS and other vouchers
- We are a Clean, Safe, Loving Christian Environment
EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY FOR PRE-SCHOOL & PRE-KINDER
“Creative Curriculum” is the educational curriculum we have chosen from the list provided and approved by ACS and Universal Pre-Kindergarten.
We believe that children learn best in a safe, clean, nurturing and healthy environment that promotes independence, self- confidence, positive high self-esteem, and individual decision-making. We believe that children learn these skills through exploring and interacting with their environment, learning to make choices, and learning to communicate, play, work, and share with other children as well as adults around them.
We encourage children to socialize and share with friends. Obviously, this is a process that may take a while in some cases…this is normal. Children in full day programs have to basically “live” in their school settings.” Using observation and assessment techniques help teachers match program and stimulation needs to the developmental level of each child – preventing frustration and ensuring a challenge. Assessments require that teachers observe children and use their observations to guide their interactions, activities, and the experiences that they plan for children.
At Tender Years Childcare, we expose a variety of age appropriate activities for each developmental stage of their growing years. At Tender Years, we prepare each child for the next phase in their life…Kindergarten!
We Strive To...
- Promote the social, emotional, physical and intellectual language development of each child.
- Provide an educational program, encourage and promote positive attitudes and respect towards others through the celebration of various ethnic/cultural holidays, learn through music, art, literature and healthy physical activities, and most importantly, Godly based!
- Assist children with the development and establishments of new classroom routines and schedules.
- Help children develop trust by providing an immediate response to their individual needs such as sleeping, eating, comforting, and praying for him/her, etc.
- Provide positive learning experiences that will develop and enhance each child’s self- image and self- confidence.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS - INFANTS & TODDLERS
To help infants and toddlers develop trust in others by providing immediate response to their individual needs. Infants learn through role playing, early childhood books, padded puzzles, soft foam blocks that develop your child’s motor skills, hand-eye coordination; while they interact with little ones their age and develop social skills. Infants discover that people are useful, that language is important, and that an object that is hidden from sight continues to exist.
Bureau of Daycare, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Health, Achilles International