Part & Full Time Child Care in Bronx, NY
Tender Years Childcare, Inc., Provides Childcare From Infants Through Pre-K
- Provide childcare from Infants - Pre-K’s
- Phonics Software tutorials
- Full Version Creative Curriculum
- City & State Certify Teachers
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Creative Curriculum
- Approved Background Clearance
- Potty Training
- Nutritious Cooked Meals Are Provided Daily
- Family Owned/Operated since 1996
- Full/P Time, Before & After School Available
- Professional, Courteous Bi-Lingual Teachers
- State of the Art Entry & Recording System
- Outdoor Shaded Play Area
- Open all year round, Including Summer Program
- We accept ACS & other vouchers
- We are a Clean, Safe, Loving Christian Environment
EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY FOR PRE-SCHOOL & PRE-KINDER
“Creative Curriculum” is the educational curriculum we have chosen from the list provided & approved by ACS and Universal Pre-Kindergarten.
We believe that children learn best in a safe, clean, nurturing & healthy environment that promotes independence, self- confidence, positive high self-esteem, & individual decision making. We believe that children learn these skills through exploring & interacting with their environment, learning to make choices, & learning to communicate, play, work, & share with other children as well as adults around them.
We encourage children to socialize and share with friends. Obviously, this is a process that may take a while in some cases…this is normal. Children in full day programs have to basically “live” in their school settings.” Using observation and assessment techniques help teachers match program and stimulation needs to the developmental level of each child – preventing frustration and ensuring challenge. Assessments require that teachers observe children and use their observations to guide their interactions, activities and the experiences that they plan for children.
At A Tender Years, we expose a variety of age appropriate activities for each developmental stage of their growing years. At A Tender Years we prepare each child for the next phase in their life…Kindergarten!
We Strive To...
- Promote the social, emotional, physical and intellectual language development of each child.
- Provide an educational program, encourage and promote positive attitudes and respect towards others through the celebration of various ethnic/cultural holidays, learn through music, art, literature and healthy physical activities, and most importantly, Godly based!
- Assist children with the development and establishments of new classroom routines and schedules.
- Help children develop trust by providing an immediate response to their individual needs such as sleeping, eating, comforting, and praying for him/her, etc.
- Provide positive learning experiences that will develop & enhance each child’s self- image & self- confidence.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS - INFANTS & TODDLERS
To help infants & toddlers develop trust in others by providing immediate response to their individual needs. Infants learn through role playing, early childhood books, padded puzzles, soft foam blocks that develop your child’s motor skills, hand-eye coordination; while they interact w/little ones their age and develop social skills. Infants discover that people are useful, that language is important, and that an object that is hidden from sight continues to exist.
AREAS OF DEVELOPMENT
The Full Creative Curriculum focuses on your Infant thru Five-year-old child’s primary areas of development. Below you will find our curriculum’s expectations for children in our Pre-Kinder class.
Communication and Language Development: Creative Curriculum contains activities that will promote early literacy skills, including alphabet letter recognition, phonics, and comprehension. Your child will be immersed in a print-rich environment, surrounded by award-winning children’s literature, which helps prepare him for kindergarten.
Social and Emotional Development: Creative Curriculum is full of activities designed to increase children’s independence, further developing their confidence and abilities. Teachers encourage the children to play a responsible role in the classroom community. Children will learn to solve problems by using words.
Physical Skills: Creative Curriculum addresses all gross motor skills, which strengthen the large muscle groups of the body, such as arms and legs. Gross motor skills include jumping, running, throwing and catching a ball, and climbing playground equipment. Children will be encouraged to dance and participate in noncompetitive races. Fine motor skills, which include finger and hand movements, are vital to your child’s future writing skills. Four-year-olds will strengthen fine motor skills by playing in a sand-filled Discovery Table, by stacking small blocks, and by writing their names with finger paint.
Cognitive Development: Cognitive skills are the foundation of learning and knowledge. Creative Curriculum contains many activities designed to prepare your child for elementary school. Children will be encouraged to recite finger plays and nursery rhymes, retell stories in their own words, make comparisons, and explore and make discoveries.
Math and Science Skills Development: Creative Curriculum focuses on math and science readiness. Your child will practice important math skills, such as classifying, identifying shapes and numbers, and counting. A Tender Years teachers will provide many hands-on opportunities for the children to explore weather, plants, animals, sounds, textures, and other essential science topics.
Character Education: At A Tender Years, we believe it is important to introduce children to a wide variety of character traits. Each month, a value, such as pride or cooperation is introduced to your child throughout the program activities. Your child’s teacher will encourage her to use positive self talk as she is challenged with a new task. Children’s artwork is prominently displayed so they can show off their hard work to their families. These activities promote pride and encourage children to embrace new challenges!
Bureau of Daycare, Dept. of Education, Dept. of Health, Achilles International